Here is a Valuable Tip to Improve Your Gym Fitness Goals!
Gym Fitness Tip #1: Make yourself accountable to a program!
First if you haven’t read ‘Why Most Fail with Fitness’ Click here
Ideally, you want a program that covers a few bases:
- It’s been tested with lots of people (so you know it actually works).
- It’s customizable to your lifestyle (so you can stay consistent and do it even when you’re busy).
- It’s something you actually enjoy doing (who’s going to exercise if it’s not fun?).
- There’s something big and positive to shoot for (a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow).
The first three are incredibly important; they’re the cornerstone of a solid exercise and nutrition program. But the fourth one—having something big and positive to shoot for—is often overlooked.
In fact, most programs do the opposite: they make you feel guilty and bad for “slacking” or for not being a paragon of health and fitness. But we don’t need any more negativity in our lives, and we’re sure you don’t either.
So how do you know if a certain program will help keep you accountable?
After 15+ years in the fitness industry, we’ve determined the following four things are of the utmost importance:
- You need a way to measure your progress and track it on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- You need to follow a structured plan, but still have room to move at your own speed when needed.
- You need a daily reminder to practice whichever nutrition, exercise, or lifestyle habit you’re currently working on.
- You need it to be customizable to your skill levels, goals, and how much time you have available.
Next week I will share with you tip #2 on how you can avoid your fitness failure and stay healthy.
Make It happen!