I am always looking for new content to blog about and after last weeks Jumpstart presentation, some of you must be eager for strategies to help you with your fitness goals, right? One issue is managing all the important things that life throws at you. Justin Tamsett from active management has the following tips to help you with your day to day tasks. Give it a shot! Remember we all have good intentions but intentions need action!
Justin says, ” If you want 2011 to be different to other years, you have to do something different. Yes that can be risky but the reality is change nothing and nothing changes. So here are a few tips for you to consider”:
- Use an inbox system. Make the habit of keeping track of all the ideas and things that comes to mind. You should use a notebook or your computer.
- Prioritise. If you have a list of things to do, where do you start? One way is to prioritize your list. If you are in doubt, ask yourself: “If I could only accomplish one thing today, what would it be?”
- Wake up early. Waking up early in the morning is a great way to gain extra time.
- Check your email at a set time every day. Email can easily become an addiction and it’s unnecessary to check it every 10 minutes. Diarise when you will check your email and see if the world will still rotate.
- Eliminate unimportant tasks. Being busy all day does not mean you are doing important stuff. Eliminate every activity that’s not important, and focus on what really matters.
- Clean off your desk and room. Having a clear room and desk is important to maintain focus and creativity, so start and finish the day free from clutter.
- Automate. There are a lot of tasks that you need to perform every day or every week. Try to automate them as much as possible.
- Set strict deadlines. When you do something, decide in advance when you’re going to stop. There’s a rule that states that you will fulfill all the time you have available for completing a task, so make an habit of setting strict deadlines for maximizing your productivity.
- Read 1 book per week. Reading is a good way to keep your brain active. With just 30 minutes per day you should be able to read one book per week, or more than 50 books per year.
- Think positively. You are what you think, all the time.
- Make fast decisions. Instead of thinking for one hour wherever you are going to do something, make your decisions as fast as possible (usually less than 1 minute).
- Wait before buying. Waiting 48 hours before buying anything is a tremendous money saver, try it.
These tips can help you ‘FOCUS’ on what you want and make things happen quicker.