1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup macaroni
2 carrots, chopped
300 g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 X 300g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion over medium
heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3. Add the carrot, celery, pumpkin and zucchini and stir into the onion mixture.
4. Add the stock, tomatoes and oregano, and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
6. Add the pasta and cook a further 10 minutes or until the
pasta and vegetables are tender.
7. Stir in the butter beans and heat through.
Just before serving, stir in the parsley.
Notes: This recipe can be adapted with 200g trim lamb fillets (cut into thin strips and quickly stir-fried over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes) added to the soup
at the end of cooking. Delicious with damper or crusty rolls.
Nutritional Analysis per serve:
energy 639kj (153cals), protein 9.4g, carbohydrate 16.8g, fibre 5.2g, fat 4.0g
cholesterol 1.7mg, sodium 981mg