Quick Healthy Meals- Meatballs
We love quick healthy meals and our oriental meatballs pack a punch and with only 280 calories per serve, this dish makes a whopping 6 meals!
Packed with protein, give it a shot to make ahead of meal times and it freezes perfectly. so freeze to reheat in future.
Oriental Meatballs with Peppers
- 1 Kilo lean beef mince
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onions
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt, pepper (each)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 Teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon oats
- 1/4 Gram water
- 1/2 Cup beef broth
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Cup sliced red capsicum
- 1 Cup sliced yellow capsicum
- 1 Cup sliced green cap.
- 2 Cup mushrooms
- 1 Cup sliced onions
- Combine beef, chopped onions, s&p, egg whites, garlic, oats, oil and water. Form into bite sized meatballs.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil, add capsicum, mushrooms and sliced onions. Saute until tender, add garlic if desired and chilli. remove once tender and set aside
- In remaining juices and oil, cook meatballs, until cooked through. Add beef broth, and soy sauce and place veggies back in pan. Cook for 5 mins.
serve immediately and can use brown rice or sweet potato for extra carbs or grated cauliflower for a water based carb.
If you want to take your health a little further come in and give it a shot or contact us to book a consultation and discuss your needs.