500 g penne
500 g skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 X 825g can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
60 g reduced fat feta cheese, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, (optional)
canola oil spray
1. Start cooking the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water.
2. Spray a non-stick frypan or wok with oil and heat.
Cook the chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium
heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Add the stock, tomatoes and tomato paste, and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat slightly, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Return the chicken to the pan and heat through. Season to taste.
7. When the pasta is al denté (cooked but still firm), drain and toss with the sauce to
combine. Just before serving, stir the feta and basil into the sauce.
8. Serve immediately with a green salad.