Did you know…
Spice has lots of benefits which indirectly help in fat loss. It controls blood sugar levels, helps to maintain insulin sensitivity, a very powerful antioxidant, may have antibacterial and antifungal properties and dozens of other benefits.
Cinnamon can increase insulin sensitivity, which essentially means that it is helping your body to control blood sugar while simultaneously allowing your body to produce less insulin. By controlling blood sugar and insulin response from your meals and thereby control your appetite and hankering throughout the day. Hence, it helps you to lose body fat more effectively over time.
Chili powder is a powerful stimulant, by raising your body’s temperature it helps you to burn calories faster and this means fat loss!
So what a better way to spice up yourt life than with this tasty recipe incorporating lots of spices!
Dont worry if you’re not a “spice person” or you dont like chilli….. neither do I but I looooooved this recipe!
MOROCCAN BEEF SOUP!
¼ Cup Olive Oil
500g Boneless Beef Shin diced into 3cm pcs
2 tbsp Plain flour
1 Onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, diced
2 cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp Cumin
¼ tsp chilli flakes
½ Cinnamon quill
1 litre Vegetable Stock
2x 400g Can peeled tomatoes
1x 400g Can Chick peas, rinsed
2 tsp caster sugar
1 lemon, zested
1 bunch coriander, picked and chopped
1. Dust beef shin in flour. Heat half the olive oil in a soup pot and brown beef
2. Add onion, garlic and ginger and turn heat down to a simmer.
3. Add rest of olive oil and spices and fry gently for 5 minutes.
4. Turn up the heat and add the stock and tinned tomatoes.
5. Bring to the boil and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
6. Cover and simmer gently for 1 ½ – 2 hours, until beef is soft and tender.
7. Remove cinnamon quill and very lightly blitz with a hand blender, but make sure you don’t puree it as you want to keep plenty of chunks!!
8. Add the chick peas and check seasoning.
9. Serve in large bowls with yogurt and sprinkle with lemon zest and coriander.
Enjoy and be on the lookout each week for more fantastic healthy and tasty recipes!
Make It Happen!