Here Are 3 Awesome Snacks to Help You Feel Great and in Shape.
I have so many awesome snacks to use and eggs are a favourite, as they are a complete source of protein and just delicious. But recently i have been using these with success for our members.
Besides these you can also log in (for viva members) to get heaps more artcicles here and download so high protein and healthy fat snack ideas that will give you lasting energy.
Here are 3 different snacks to prepare in advance and all keep well for at least 3 days.
Lean Turkey Burgers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 teaspoon white pepper 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 10 grams almonds
- Combine all ingredients (use less pepper if you don’t want a spicy taste) and blend well.If time permits, refrigerate overnight to let the meat absorb the flavor of the spice.Form into patties and cook as needed, freezing leftovers.
Don’t overcook or they will dry out–remove from the heat as soon as they’re no longer pink inside, but still juicy. (if you prefer a moister texture, you add a splash of olive oil or an egg to the mixture just prior to cooking).
Eat with 10 grams or 12 almonds
- 4 eggs
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- Sprinkle oregano (or dried herbs)
- Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C
- As oven is preheating place halved cherry tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 15 mins.
- In a large mixing bowl, place eggs, milk, spinach, carrot, mustard, salt and Pepper and oregano and wisk together.
- Spray a very small baking dish, line with a baking paper with edges protuding so you can lift out when cooked. Spray with a little cooking spray around the sides.
- By this time the oven should be preheated, turn down to 180C, take out tomatoes.
- Pour your mixture into baking dish, place your halved tomatoes ontop and poke them into mixture.
- Bake for 25 mins in oven, check centre is cooked, before taking out.
- Take out of oven, set aside so the mixture cools and sets, around 5 mins.
- Lift out of dish, cut in half and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hommus dip with Celery sticks, Carrot sticks with crisp Capsicum or cucumber sticks.
- 40g Skinny hommus dip 1 stalk of Celery washed and cut into sticks 1 small Carrot washed and cut into match sticks 30g Capsicum washed and cut into strips
- You can make your own batch of Hommus very easily:
1 tin chick peas drained
1 tsp. fresh crushed garlic
1 juice of a lemon
1 tbsp. tahini or a dash of olive oil
Sprinkle of Himalayan Salt or Chicken stock powder
Sprinkle of Cracked pepper
½ tsp. Cumin spice
Blend all the ingredients together with a stick blender